Friday, May 5, 2017

Sharing a Little Power & Spark!

Hello all and welcome to another fun-filled Friday! I have to say, this day is proving to be my favorite day of the week for so many reasons. One of which is sharing a little bit of Power Poppy inspiration with you to help jumpstart your creative weekend! 

Before I forget, did you know that Power Poppy has a brand new 'sprout' in their Instant Garden? If you want to take a peek, just click HERE to see one of Marcella's newest illustrations that you can download, print and then color up right quick! Squeee! I am using this new digital stamp for my card today so you'll be able to see it in full color first! ;-) Here's a little peek at the new set Plant Kindness! 


This fanciful set offers flower-filled seed packs and heirloom plant listings, rosy-faced journals and calico garden gloves — these are a few of Marcella's favorite things! Color up this cheery gardening vignette for a quick card and plant a little kindness along the way! Just click HERE to see! 

While you're here, however, you need to check out our latest Power & Spark Challenge hosted by the most fab Aussie I know- Ms. Kathy Jones! 


HOW TO PLAY: This challenge is just as it sounds -- it's all about FRAMES! Just hear what Ms. Kathy has to say about her challenge to us all!
"This challenge is as easy as Framing It Up! Simply frame your image on a card, decorate a frame or frame your stamped piece as a bit of home decor!"

Do you want to know something super fun? When it comes to the Power & Spark Challenge, Ms. Marcella has UPPED THE ANTE when it comes to the winnings! Now, instead of winning a stamp set of choice you actually win a.....

$50 SHOPPING SPREE AT THE POWER POPPY SHOP! 

Just click HERE for all the official details!

Okay moving on! Because I just couldn't wait to color up Power Poppy's newest digital offering, I decided to mix it up and use it while playing along in Kathy's new Frame It Up Challenge! I had so much fun, I decided to make TWO projects for today!


This first one is pretty self-explanatory. Print the digital image, color with Copic markers (too many to list!) use a pair of rectangle die cuts to create a frame for around your image, distress/sand the frame (used C'ordination cardstock) for an earthy feel, sponge main image with Ranger's Antique Linen Distress Ink for a little added depth, mat onto card decked out in bright, springy colors and accented with candy dots and a bit of jute! 

Here's a close up! 



And here's how I decked out the inside! The little strip of herbs along the left side of my card was done using some Memento Cottage Ivy ink and one of the stamps from the Sage Advice clear stamp set! 


 Now one funny thing happened while crafting the card. I had printed this image below to use on the inside of my card but I printed the Plant Kindness sentiment entirely too large! So, I grabbed more stamps from the Sage Advice stamp set and stamped those around the sentiment, decked it out with some paper piercing and added a dark green mat and voila!


Now you might ask, what are you going to do with that? Well, I am following Kathy's lead in this Frame It Up Challenge and using this as a statement to ponder in a space on my work desk! I had this little easel and thought it just fit perfectly there! 



And that, my friends is it -- a card and a little reminder to live each day planting and sharing a little bit of kindness and love! 💗

Now, it's time to pay a visit to some of the sweetest stampin' sisters a gal could ask for.... THE BLOOMIES! Just click on through our linky list and see what kinds of wonderful they've been up to!

Thanks for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me!
~Julie

No comments: