Friday, September 1, 2017

A little racy.....


Hello peeps! Just in case you missed the unveiling over on the Power Poppy blog earlier this week, I thought I'd share it right here on my little 'ole place on the web! I have to say, I love hosting Hues to Use and finding a bit of color inspiration in the most unusual places! 

Here's a peek at this week's color palette, which was captured on a fun little marketing piece Marcella designed that truly embodies the love she has not only for "her man," but "her man's hobbies!" Doug, if you didn't know it, loves to fix up vintage motorcycles and "kicks it vintage" regularly with his lady at a monthly get together with fellow enthusiasts. So, when I spotted this card done by Marce herself promoting an upcoming event, I said, "YAAAAASSSS!" This must be our muse for Hues to Use!


With the color combo above as my guide, here's what I came up with my sweet stamping friends!


To create this little moto-inspired wonder, I started by printing off the Power Poppy digital stamp set Well Hello Dahlia. I then colored it all up using Copic markers and chose these shades for the flowers: YR68, YR04, YR07, Y02, R14 for the large flower; Y15, Y35, and Y38 for the yellow flower off to the right; BG01, BG04 for the right vase; BG000 and BG10 for the left vase; R01, RV00, and R32 for the left flower; G20, G21, and YG67 for the greenery and B00, B91, B93 and B95 for the center vase. The bottoms of the vases were shaded with BV0000 and BV01. The highlight around my image was done with G0000.

Here's a little close-up!


After that, it was all about matting it up! I used a few different sizes of pennant flags and then, added the little Well Hello Dahlia sentiment thanks to a 1-3/8" circle punch matted on a shape cut by a 1-1/2" circle punch. Add a little twine-strung button and... ta da!

And that, my friends, is it! So soak up these shades and get crack-a-lackin' with your craftin'! Once you're done, don't forget to link up your creation on THIS POSTSharing your talents could have you taking center stage on the Power Poppy Blog as the guest hostess with the mostess! Now, wouldn't that be fun!

Speaking of fun, it's time to head on over and pay these lovely ladies a visit!


Christine is the hostess this month for this fun-filled challenge too! 


So click HERE for the fun and krafty details about this month's Power & Spark! Then, don't forget to join us and play along! 

Until next time, my sweet stamping friends!
~Julie

No comments: