Monday, October 23, 2017

Happiest Holiday 2017 Day 8: Winter Wonderland!

Hello peeps and welcome to yet another addition to the Happiest Holiday 2017 Collection by Power Poppy. Today's offering is "drool-worthy," with its stunning blossoms and berries unfurling with a holiday flair. Don't take it from me, however, take a gander with your own eyes!



Introducing Winter Wonderland, a dramatic holiday bouquet that comes complete with poinsettia, pepper berries, dusty miller and anemones. This truly joyful cascade of holiday beauty will provide all kinds of coloristas with an exciting coloring experience and unforgettable results! Mix-and-match sentiments allow for simple phrasing or stacked and packed holiday greetings!

On to my creation!

I had a blast coloring up this beauty! I had never heard of pepper berries but googled it and ended up using THIS photo as my inspiration! 

Here's the Copic Markers I used for the berries...

Since Dusty Miller is a greenish grey, I decided to keep my foliage a little more true to life and used these Copics for those leaves...


For the anemones, I kind of followed Marcella's lead in the graphic she created coloring the petals soft tones with hues of faded purple and pink...


And these are the markers I reached for to color up the poinsettias. I didn't want a real vibrant red, I thought maybe that would be too much with all the softer hues used elsewhere...


And here, my sweet stamping friends is a close up for you! If you look closely, you can see that I ended up adding some white gel pen accents -- it's my new favorite thing! When I was done coloring, I trimmed up my piece and then fussy cut around the top before layering on a piece of distressed blue decorative paper. I added a gilded ribbon and bow above and called it good for the exterior of the card! 




On the inside, I just took pieces of the sentiments offered to create my own large and scripty sentiment. While I eye-balled this creation, I can see where the MISTI would come in handy for pairing up the sentiment pieces for assembly line fashion creations for the holidays! 


And that, my friends, is it! I love the fact that this holiday botanical offering is so big -- making card fronts just bold and beautiful! 


Want to see the Winter Wonderland some of the Bloomies created using this set? Hop on over and see for yourself their amazing creations! And, don't forget to hop on over to the Power Poppy blog to hear a little bit about Marcella's inspiration behind this brand new holiday set! 


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims


Thanks so much for stopping by and spending just a wee bit of your day with me! Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! If you've been hopping all week, checking out the Bloomie's creations, you'll be happy to know that tomorrow is the day when all of these amazing new stamp sets hit the Power Poppy Shop so that YOU can get your hands on them and create your cards for the upcoming holiday season! How exciting is that? We think so! We'll see you here tomorrow for the big reveal! 

Until then,
~Julie

No comments: