Sunday, October 22, 2017

Happiest Holiday Day 7: Tweet Tidings

Hello folks and welcome to a very happy seventh day of Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday 2017 Release! I can't even believe all the festive, fun, colorful, whimsical, jolly, sparkly and artistic creations we've witnessed so far this week and we still have two days before the full collection will be live in the Power Poppy Shop! 

Today we have a pair of sweet tweets that will joyfully sing your holiday wishes, in the perfect tune! 

Introducing Tweet Tidings! This little chickadee from the Chickadee in Barberry digital stamp set was getting lonely and felt it was his turn to shine in sparkling clear polymer. From his perch in a snow-capped backyard Barberry bush, this dude has all kinds of wise sayings to share. With sentiments that herald the new year and celebrating what matters in life, this set is filled with go-to imagery for cards that will be treasured for years to come.

On to my creation!


Okay, I will admit it. I cheated on this scene! I saw the beautiful graphic Marcy created to showcase this stamp set and loved how she layered the two images to become one. The way these little guys on their branches were drawn, putting the two together is an absolute breeze --- making creating with them super fun!

After stamping in black, I reached for my Copic markers and grabbed these to color up the Chickadees and branches....


And these for the berries, snow, leaves and the shadowed backdrop....


And here, my sweet stamping friends, is a closeup! You can see that I did add some white gel pen highlights here and there... 


The rest is just matting it all up! I used a few die cut and punched shapes to bring this card to life and accented with some metal red embellishments on the stamped and punched sentiment! When all was said and done, I also added a wee bit of glitter glue to the snow for a little extra bit of sparkle! I have to say, I love this illustration and know it will be fun for not just holiday cards but winter and thinking of you types of creations as well! 



This stop on the Power Poppy Hop is just one of a few today, so be sure to visit not just the Bloomies below but the Power Poppy Blog, if you haven't already, to hear a little bit more about Marcy's inspiration for this wonderfully whimsical set!


Julie Koerber >>> you are here! 


Tomorrow is the final set of the release and wowza, you are going to be glad that you stuck around to see this one. It is a breathtaking botanical winter beauty, just begging to be colored up in full glory! Until then!

~Julie

No comments: