Friday, May 12, 2017

What's your MOOD?


Hello all and Happy Friday! Power Poppy is unveiling a little experiment in the creativity department and I decided to jump in with both feet. If you haven't stopped by the Power Poppy Blog yet, you really need to! Marcy is unveiling her Friday Good Vibe 5! What's that, you say? Five little nuggets of inspiration to serve as your creative kickstart for the weekend. Look for this post to change up from week to week sharing all kinds of goodness to get your mojo-a-flowin'! 

One of the first good vibes was Marcella's Mood Board -- a "trigger" if you will -- to get that creativity rolling. She wants us to use this photo and see how we can morph this vibe into a card!


Look at those yellows, the movement in the tile, and the pattern created just from the tile's grout lines. I took this image and used it to spark this below!


I used Power Poppy's stamp set Sweet Memories to make a frame around my sentiment and here's how! I just used one of the single stems and thanks to some Post-It Notes, was able to mask and fit my image perfectly into my die cut shape! 


While the die was still on my paper, I used this as a mask helping me to sponge some Dandelion Memento ink around the edge.


Before lifting the die, I traced a very light pencil line around the inside of the die. I wanted to use my same die cut shape as a mat (as you'll see), so tracing this line was important to serve as a cut line for my detail scissors. 


And from there, I made one-inch squares using a kind of "tile inspired" decorative paper and then set them all down on a black mat for my card front! You can see how the mat came together. I used a sentiment from Power Poppy's Dynamic Duos Foxglove and Ranunculus stamp set. I colored this image up with Copic Markers and used Y00, Y02, Y13, Y15, YG00, G21, G24 and YG63.  


Here's a little close-up for you!


And that, my friends, is it! Like I said, be sure to check out the Power Poppy Blog for even MORE inspiration to kick off your weekend in creative style! And, while you're hopping, don't forget to pay these lovely ladies-- The Bloomies -- below a visit! 

Julie Koerber >>> you are here! 

And before you go! Check this out -- a little Mother's Day Surprise over at the Power Poppy Shop!


Squeee! Who doesn't love a fun stamping "Steal & Deal!" And.... if you want to try your hand at winning some goodies from the Power Poppy Shop, don't forget this month's Power & Spark Challenge!


Read all about this month's challenge by hopping over to the Power Poppy blog HERE! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending just a bit of your day with..... little 'ole me! ;-) 

~Julie

No comments: