Friday, October 27, 2017

Oh Mr. Gingerbread Man!


Hello sweet peeps! I know my blog has been buzzing this past week with all the new offerings from Power Poppy and.... today is no exception! Just two days ago, a brand new digital stamp set arrived on the scene that is going to make creating tags and little Christmas treasures so much fun! 



I absolutely adore this set because of the fact that these little gingerbread people can be shown in a front and back design! Here, you have spicy gingerbread cookies, decorated oh-so-sweetly with, like I said, a mirror image for even more creative fun! This set even comes with a cozy gingerbread house to serve as a tasty accent or even the centerpiece of your holiday card.

On to my creation!


Because of the front and back nature of this image, I thought it would be super fun to create a "peek-a-boo" kind of window card so that when you opened up the card, you saw the back side of your little dough man! 

Check it out.....  (you can see how I also decked out my card front using the Frosted Gingerbread clear stamp set as a background. I stamped in brown and accented with a white gel pen!)

So, to get my little gingerbread man, stepping out from the frame, I put glue dots on the top of the hat on the lower leg that would be leaning out... 


 And then, I attached him.. just so!


From there, I colored up the backside and overlayed this image! 


I should mention that when I colored him up, these were the markers (below) that I used! I have to tell you that I had a kind of blond moment. Why didn't I even THINK to print this little guy out on kraft colored paper? Never even crossed my mind! That would have been too easy! ;-)



Because I didn't want just a simple white background showing through the window of my card, I did use some green decorative paper and made sure to stamp my sentiment (also from the Frosted Gingerbread clear stamp set) below the window so that it wouldn't show! I then accented with a red sparkle pen and white gel pen -- for a little something extra! 


And here's one last look at it all matted up! Add a little bow and fun two-toned button and this little guy is ready to make his grand holiday entrance! 


And that, my friends, is it from me today! Be sure to head on over to the Power Poppy Blog HERE for a dose of good vibes! It's Good Vibe 5 and there are some fun little snippets of info for you, just waiting to be shared!

Have a fabulous weekend and I will see you back here soon!
~Julie

No comments: